Monday, September 24, 2012

Cheers for national holidays!

I love the national holidays in Chile, because it's the only country in the world that do a big celebration. I don't remember any special holidays, because I loved them all. Generally my family and I go to the  Parque O'Higgins's fondas to have some fun, eat some delicious anticuchos and drink terremoto. We enjoy the ambient of all the place and love the music like cumbia or cueca.

All the national holidays in my family are the same: go to some fondas and meet with others parts of the family and eat barbeque (or "asado") and have a great time together.

As I said, I don't remember a especial national holiday, but I remember two or three times I've spend this holidays in another country. It's was very strange, 'cause I used to be in Chile. The ambient is not the same and the food defintely isn't too. I especially miss that part of the holidays.

Well, let's talk again about the national holidays that I spend in Chile. Sometimes I met with my friends and have a really great party. We start with a barbeque and then we drink a lot. I think this part of the year was made to celebrate the national day and any other thing that we want!

This year I spend the national holidays in Peru, so I haven't eat some delicious empanadas or meat yet. But I don't have to worry, because this weekend is the popular named "18 chico". It's a celebration made for the people who was unable to celebrate in the national holidays.

9 comments:

  1. That's really international of you! I think it's great but you colud do those travels in another dates so you can enjoy the anticuchos and the fondas mor often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting that Chile is like a unique country that we celebrate the Fiestas Patrias! I wanna know more.

    We always have "18 chicos" in Nicolas's departament. Eh Eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peru is very cool! I was there two times in the past years. Invite me to your "18 chico"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important thing is to celebrate, have fun and relax with loved ones. It doesn't matter the place as long as you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your father looks like Bichi Borghi, so he has to make a really good barbeque. You have to invite me one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy very much your "18 chico" and you eat all the foods that gives us our country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little 18, nigger don't stop. The friday, Toxifonda is the law.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 18 chico is so chilean! It's like those things that make us realise that we always have second chances !

    :)

    PD. What a great comment: "Your father looks like Bichi Borghi..." xD jajajaja!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it´s very stressful fiestas patrias :S

    ReplyDelete