Monday, November 12, 2012

Cidade de Deus

I started to watch movies about 3 years ago. Before that I had only watched classics of children movies like Lion King, Toy Story or Space Jam. In that time I didn't see a lot of movies, because I thought that they were boring. Fortunately, I was wrong.

I don't know if I have a favourite movie, but I remember one that blows my mind. It's called "Cidade de Deus", that means "City of God" in portuguese. This movie is frome Brasil and was directed by Fernando Meirelles The movie is about a group of childs in Rio de Janeiro that grows and take different paths. The history of Ze Pequeno (Leandro Firmino) and Buscapé (Alexandre Rodrigues) are mixed through the movie.

I loved this movie because of many reasons, First, I love Brazil. I' ve never been there, but I wish to come someday. I love the beaches, the sun, the women and the music of Brazil. I think the plot of the movie goes on in a perfect way, mixing a lot of characters and making a very good story. It's important to say that this movie is based in real life episodes. Also, the photography and the soundtrack of the movie are simply amazing.

I know that this movie isn't the best movie of the entire universe, but I love it. You have to watch it right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment