Monday, November 5, 2012

The power of the vote

I voted in the last election. Also, I voted in the election of 2009, when Piñera won. I think I have the obligation to vote, because I believe in a society where the people have the power to take all the decitions. In this moment, we only can vote to remove the politicians. You can also talk about strikes or that things, but, in this context, the vote is more importante, because the politicians don't have the total control of the people choices.

In last weekend elections I void mi vote. I live in Santiago and I vote there, so the options for the major were n't too much. There was Carolina Tohá, Pablo Zalaquett and Waldo Mora. The first one isn't of my total liking. I think she talks a lot and do nothing. Zalaquett like me less than Tohá. In his last period in Santiago he didn't great things, at least for my neighborhood. And Waldo Mora is a man that loves the money. A friend that knows him, told me that. So, I decided to don't give my vote.

For the city councilor I voted for Leonel Herrera, a player of Colo Colo in the 1991's era. I voted for him because that reason hahaha.

Well, I think that our actual politic system suck, because the people don't have many options to make a decition. The politicians are always the same, all of them friends or familiars. While we vote, they eat a good barbeque together.

10 comments:

  1. The councilor of the champions jaja.
    It was very unexpectable the results in Santiago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered one thing: "I think that Piñera will be a good president, because he have a lot of money and there's no way that he want more".

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know to vote is important, but I think the diplomatics are all the same and is difficult to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s true, the politicians are always the same, but the people elected them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santiago municipality was a tough choice, the only thing I know is that it's good that Zalaquett is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you that we have to use the options and ways we have to take those awfull politicians out of our boroughs and the vote is a great way to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I agree to about that there are very few options to make a change at the moment and we have to use what we have :(

    Colo colo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha there were many "famous people" in this opportunity, in Ñuñoa they were horacio saavedra and Julio Martinez´s son D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked Pablo Zalaquett, I know he is a difficult man in the manifestation, but Carolina Tohà dont know to be "Alcalde"... And I thing she just want to be President.

    ReplyDelete